Welcome to our new website! Still under minor construction.
Since 1992 Nan Badgett, dba Wordability, has provided professional indexing services to publishers, book packagers, authors, and corporate clients. Most Wordability clients are regular, repeat customers who expect and receive exceptional services based on broad, long-term experience, strict adherence to deadlines, and quality customer service.
• Computer-aided indexing with human analysis, not computer-generated
• Standards of index quality followed
• Adherence to client guidelines and specifications
• Stand-alone index manuscripts provided in Word format or other client-specified formats
• Type codes inserted upon request
• Index review and consultation available
Indexing fees are based on per-page rates or negotiated flat fees, usually ranging from $3 to $6 per indexable page. Rates vary depending on
* density and complexity of text
* depth of indexing required
* turnaournd time allowed
(rush fees may apply)
* multiple indexes for single text
"Nan has been preparing indexes for our publishing company for over 20 years. She can always be relied on to provide a quality index on time."
— Karla Walsh, Editorial Services Manager for Human Kinetics
"As a 50-year book editor and publisher of numerous indexing references, I've been fortunate to work with some of the best indexers in the business, as judged by their peers. When I need an index, Wordability's Nan Badgett is hands-down my first choice."
— John B. Bryans, Editor, Library and Book Trade Almanac and President, BryLit.com
"Many thanks for the amazing job you did on the index for our 283-page guidebook! It looks beautiful, and I’m SO relieved I didn’t try to do it myself! And in the process, you caught several errors we’d all missed — for which we’re very grateful!"
— Wynne Brown, writer/editor/ graphic designer
Nan Badgett, dbaWordability
PO Box 8666 Tucson, AZ 85738
Copyright © 2019 dbaWordability - All Rights Reserved.